Do You Need Professional Tree Removal?
How to Tell & How a Pro Can Help
January 26, 2023
Since winter is the best time for tree pruning, you may start to notice your tree could use a little more than a trim. If it feels like you’re taking a lot of dead or diseased branches off your tree, you may need to consider the possibility of removing it altogether. The next question to ask yourself is, “do I need professional tree removal?”
When You Need Professional Tree Removal
Before you even start pruning your tree, take a good look at the branches. Are a majority broken, dead, or diseased? You could save yourself a lot of pruning time by having a professional arborist evaluate the tree’s condition. If they think it’s worth saving, get the pruners ready. If it’s too far gone, get their estimate for tree removal.
While you may be thinking that pruning is easy enough, tree removal shouldn’t be that much harder, think again. Your tree is already a hazard if it’s full of dead and diseased branches. It’s best to leave the unsafe, unpredictable work to those trained in pruning and removing trees efficiently.
If your situation includes any of the following factors, contact a professional arborist to evaluate and/or remove your tree:
- It’s an enormous mature tree
- The tree is dead.
- It’s infested with pests.
- A storm has cracked the trunk.
- Utility lines are in the way.
- The canopy hangs over your home, shed, or other structure.
- It’s on the property line shared with your neighbors.
- You’re not comfortable with heights.
- You don’t have the right equipment.
- You don’t know what you’re doing.
Even if the arborist finds your tree can be saved and doesn’t need to be removed, they can offer tips on how to rebuild and maintain a strong branch structure.
How Professionals Can Help
Tree removal is a complicated process. Even if you wanted to cut it down yourself, there are several important steps to take before breaking out the chainsaw. Don’t have a chainsaw? Another reason why calling a pro can help.
A professional arborist can help at every step of the process:
- They’ll come out and evaluate the tree.
- Diagnose any problems and devise a plan for the best treatment or removal options.
- Provide professionals who have experience safely pruning and removing trees.
- Bring all the equipment needed.
- The right professional will have the proper insurance to cover their workers.
- They’ll take care of clearing the branches, trunk, and debris from your yard. For an added fee, they’ll also cut the trunk into manageable pieces for firewood.
- They’ll get rid of the stump—it may cost extra, but it can be done.
All of this may come at a price, but it will be worth the peace of mind of having the job done correctly and safely.
Before the winter is over, take a good look at your trees and decide whether it needs pruning or possibly removal. Then contact Elite Tree Care for an expert opinion and plan.
Download Your FREE Tree Removal Guide
Even dedicated DIYers should think twice before taking on the task of tree removal. Our guide will help you decide whether to hire a tree service and how to get the most value for your money.